Hi! I’m Kelly Peloza, a Chicago food photographer and commercial photographer, author, and blogger. I hold a BFA from the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design in Photography with a minor in Creative Writing.
My main endeavor is running Kelly Peloza Photo LLC, a photography business specializing in food, interiors, products, and portraits for commercial, editorial, and private clients. I am also a partner in wedding photography and videography business Maple & Oak Weddings, which services Chicago and Milwaukee.
I also run a blog called Seitan Beats Your Meat, a vegan recipe, lifestyle, and travel blog. Before then, I had blogs about vegan cookies, DIY crafts, and more. I published and photographed two vegan cookbooks called The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur (2010, Skyhorse Publishing), and Cheers to Vegan Sweets (2013, Fair Winds Press).
I am also available for hire as a writer for your blog, social media, email marketing campaigns, and more. I typically cover articles about food, culinary industry topics, photography, local events, art, and design. Shoot me an email if you think we’d be a good match!
While I am undoubtedly right-brained, I love order, organization, working with numbers, and learning as many new skills as possible. Luckily, being self-employed, I don’t have to choose just one career path. I love having the ability to switch gears throughout the week and between seasons.
Select press & interviews:
- Vegan Red Velvet Donuts – Urban Outfitters Blog, 2014
- Interview Series – Kelly Peloza, Chic Vegan, 2013
- “11 Things We Can’t Wait to See/Read/Do” – VegNews, November/December 2013 issue
- No meat? No eggs? No problem! – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 2013
- “10 Best Vegan Cookbooks of 2011” – VegNews, 2011
- “Episode 78: “…the end of the beginning” – Our Hen House, 2011
- Baker takes a vegan approach to cookies, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 2010
Select clients & partnerships:
- Fair Winds Press
- Skyhorse Publishing, Inc
- Driftwood Magazine
- Honest Cooking
- Upton’s Naturals
- Le Cordon Bleu
- Fabio Viviani
- Seadog Creative
- Northern Ground